Thursday, December 7, 2017

Interview with Wendy Thorne of Amazing Transformation Comics (#trans #comics #femdom)

A little something different today. I have had several readers ask when they might see more comics, graphic novels, and illustrated stories featured on the site, so I hooked up with Amazing Transformation Comics to bring you some pre-holiday delights.


Wendy Thorne, one of the co-founders of the site, has graciously agreed to stop by this morning for an interview to get things started, and I will be following that up with a revew of her latest comic, Experiments In Femininity, this afternoon.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

♥ Thank you so much for taking the time to join us, Wendy - we are so very delighted to have you! Can you give us a brief introduction?

Well, I go by Wendy online, usually either Wendy Thorne or WendyTheRed. I enjoy playing games, rendering images, and writing stories along with binging fun shows on Netflix and Hulu!

I’ve been doing adult comics since about 2013 or so with the formation of Amazing Transformation Comics. I am also working on my first game and will eventually host it on my Patreon site which currently offers coupons to get my comics to my Patrons. It can be found at:


♥ Since you brought it up, and since that is kind of why we are here (LOL), what can you tell us about Amazing Transformation Comics?

The site is a joint venture between Saline and I. I was posting my renders on a forum that Saline and I both used to spend time on. Saline contacted me and asked me if I would be interested in doing comics and opening a site together. I thought it over for about 2 months then called Saline one night and told her I’d just gotten us a site and was starting to set it up! It was a bit impulsive but it worked out!

We try to be fair to our artists and our readers. I am the webmistress of the site and also handle a lot of our promotions, such as posting preview pages on Tumblr and such.


♥ While self-publishing has almost become the standard for authors, comics almost demand a different platform. What drove you and Saline to set up Amazing Transformation Comics?

I covered this a bit in the last question, but a more complete answer was that we wanted to have control of our own comics and offer a place for other artists to also sell their works. I was actually a little hesitant to do it at first but it has become a blessing in many ways.

♥ I only can imagine - it had to have been a ton of work to get established. How have you gone about building such an impressive group of creators? Have they come to you, or have you sought out talent that excites you?

Saline did a lot of the early work on finding artists. We also try to reach out to people and give them a chance to work with us. To our surprise it’s harder than you might think. I believe a lot of people are too shy to “expose” themselves by making these kinds of comics or perhaps believe their art or stories aren’t good enough.

If anyone is interested in working with us, they can send an email to admin@amazingtransformationcomics.com and I’ll get back to them personally!

♥ I know we have a few illustrators who stop by regularly, so hopefully they will take you up on it. Your own work is known for its total transformations, often with elements of BDSM and domination. If it’s not too personal of a question, where does lifestyle experience end and vicarious fantasy begin within your own comics?

My comics actually feature more male domination than female domination along with subtle elements of mind control usually showing up as the new woman finding herself getting more and more submissive.

The question isn’t too personal, however, I like to let my readers have their own fantasy image of who I am so I won’t specifically answer the lifestyle question. I will say that often my comics represent a fantasy of mine or sometimes simply a story that I give a transgender twist.

♥ Fair enough but, on that note, is there a personal fetish or a fantasy that you have yet to explore in your work? Somewhere, maybe, you fear to go?

The only fantasies I haven’t explored in my comics don’t directly relate to transgender transformations so I haven’t ever found a way to include them. There are a few places I get nervous about going but I won’t share them here. I’ll let you wonder “what kinks is Wendy hiding behind that innocent smile?”

♥ Sometimes a little mystery is good! When you and I chatted last week, you talked about many of the creators getting progressively better as they learn and grow. What is the learning curve like for comics, and what do you see as the biggest challenges?

In my point of view comics have roughly 3 components: art, writing and layout. I’ve been writing and drawing since I was probably 6 or 7 years old. I’d grab my mother and make her read my comics. I can even remember the names of a couple of them!

The biggest learning curve in my opinion is in the layout phase. How do you put in the dialogue and the text boxes in such a way that it is pleasing to the eye and doesn’t distract from the art work. My very first comic is very different from my current comics in that area, for example.

The biggest challenge is how you deal with feedback, particularly negative feedback. I once got a fairly low review on a comic I was very proud of and it was from a fairly well known TG comic artist. She and I talked via messages in DeviantArt over the course of a week or two and I took a lot of her feedback to heart and it really improved my work.

♥ As a creator yourself, how does your design process work? Do you start with a story, or is it images that drive the creative process?

For me personally it starts with the kernel of an idea. For example, I might think something like “What if I took the Fallout video games and gave them a transgender twist.” From that idea was born “Tales of a Teenage Vaultgirl.”

From that kernel I usually come up with the beginning and end of the comic. I then start making the characters in Daz Studio and sort of get a feel for them as they’re created. After that I tend to let the characters and story grow organically. This has, a time or two, resulted in the comic ending totally differently than I originally planned!

♥ What are some of the weirdest or most wonderful reactions you’ve had from readers, either to your own work or to the site?

For me, the most wonder was feedback I got from a reader who is almost blind. He could barely see my images and he told me he took my PDFs and used a computer program to break it up into separate pages then projected them up on a wall. He then had a friend read the dialogue to him. I was just wowed he went to so much effort simply to read my comics.

♥ Wow, that is amazing . . . and quite flattering! Outside of the Amazing Transformation Comics stable, of course, is there a writer or an illustrator who inspires you, or someone you turn to when you want to escape into someone else's imagination?

Well, when it comes to adult stuff, my focus has increasingly turned to games available through Patreon. When it comes to non-adult, I tend to enjoy stories with a supernatural or sci-fi element to them. So on TV it’d be things like Twin Peaks and Stranger Things and in movies it’s Star Wars and anything by David Lynch.

♥ Finally, with 2017 coming to a close, what can we look forward to seeing from yourself and the site in the new year?

Well, for me personally I plan to eventually return to my Supernatural Hunters universe. The last comic was a bit of a cliff hanger in some ways and a bit of a downer if I’m honest! I also am working on a game that is basically a very adult version of Twin Peaks or Life is Strange or similar odd types of small town supernatural mysteries.

For the site, I honestly don’t know what the other artists have planned. Generally I get contacted a week or two before their new comic comes out. We are hoping to find some new artists, either rendered or hand drawn.

♥ Well, thanks for taking the time to join us, Wendy. I am sure readers are already curious, so hopefully we can turn curiosity into obsession with my review this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment