Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Fourplay Fetish Feature: An Interview with Goddess Victoria Black

Continuing our Fourplay Fetish Feature on her erotic female domination fiction, Goddess Victoria Black has graciously agreed to stop by for a chat about her lifestyle, her fiction, and that magical space where the two connect.

♥ Thank you so much for taking the time to join us, Goddess Black. We are so very delighted to have you! As a lifestyle Mistress, I imagine you have a lot of experience with the femdom experience, but what was it that prompted you to begin writing?

I started writing from a very early age. Mainly poetry and short stories and some novels. I put this work to one side for a very long time but when I came back I realized that quite a lot of it had very strong themes of female domination. Maybe that was a sub-conscious thing at the time- something inside waiting to come out. When I became active in the BDSM lifestyle and gained practical experience then the urge to start writing again became very strong. 

♥ If we might ask, to what extent does your lifestyle influence your fiction? Is it just the general concept or philosophy of female supremacy, or are there real-life experiences that have made it into your stories?

My work is very much fiction but I do draw very much on the experiences I have had. There are a number of scenes in my books that are things I have done in real life. I will leave it up to the readers to decide which ones they might be. An air of mystery is always good. Overall I don't believe in supremacy of any kind. I believe that we are all equal but I would definitely like to see more women involved in politics. There needs to be more balance. From a personal point of view I would definitely like to see more Trans Women and men being represented. 

♥You are one of several contributors to 'Submissive men and the women who love them (uncensored) Book 1', the proceeds of which are being donated to Doctors Without Borders. It seems like such an odd, but lovely, combination. How did you come to be involved?

My contribution to the book Submissive men and the women who love them (Uncensored) Book 1 came about as a result of my being a member of a well known fetish site called Fetlife. There is a group on it called submissive men and the women who love them (Uncensored). The group discusses a wide range of subjects and also has a number of members who enjoy reading and writing femdom erotica. Most of us agreed that good femdom erotica is extremely hard to find so we decided to do something about it and the book was the result. At the moment the second volume is being edited and should be available early in the new year. 

♥ Human slavery and pet play are dominant themes in your work - what is the appeal to you, as a Mistress, in exploring such absolute expressions of submission?

I enjoy a wide variety of kink and BDSM activities but pet play would definitely be one of my favorites. To me there is something very nurturing about it and though I am a very strict Mistress I am a very nurturing one as well and have the utmost respect for those who choose to submit to me and take my responsibilities very strongly. It takes a huge amount of strength to submit and that is something I value highly. The fiction is fun to write but it doesn't always reflect the reality. 

♥ Fiction has that magical ability to transport us into our fantasies, to allow us to live them vicariously. If it’s not too personal, where does the lifestyle end and the fantasy begin for you, and what would you most like to explore next?

The lifestyle begins and ends with the friendships I am fortunate to have within the BDSM community. The fantasy is within some of the scenes I have been involved in and within my writings. Having a genuine connection with somebody can definitely enhance a scene. That is why I always advise people that they should get to know the person first before playing with them or entering into a D/S relationship. 

♥ For me, much of the appeal in your work is not just the one-on-one power exchange, but the idea of a larger, more all-consuming society of female supremacy. Do you see the world making that transition, or is the ‘alternative’ aspect part of the appeal?

I think we have seen huge changes in the world. In my own country- Ireland- same sex marriage has been legalized and the Transgender recognition was passed. These are things that would have been unthinkable 5 or 10 years ago and now they are a reality. I don't think we'll ever see a world based around female supremacy and that probably wouldn't be a good thing. Women are not perfect and neither are men. To be honest I would like to see gender roles being completely eradicated. Stop telling people how they should think, behave or dress based on the gender that was assigned to them. Let people be individuals in their own right. 

♥ If we could ask one more personal question, is there a personal fetish or a fantasy that you haven’t yet explored in your fiction?

The only thing fetish wise that I might be interested in exploring is needle play. But I have a very dark and twisted imagination so who knows what might happen next. 

♥ On that note, looking towards a brighter, more feminine future, what can readers look forward to seeing from you next?

At the moment I have a number of ideas flowing through my mind. It's possible that my next work may involve Vampires. I promise that they won't sparkle or glitter. 

♥ We'll look forward to it. Thanks again for taking the time to join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment